Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I won't throw it away.

There is a top in my closet that I just cant seem to let go of. It is a white, over sized American Apparel "Sexuality" Tshirt. It started as the softest most glorious piece of cotton I had, viscose to be exact. Over time and a shit load of washes the shirt completely lost it softness but remained flowy and glorious. I cut the hem into a high low sort of deal. It was cool. Holes began forming in a few spots, some of which were small stains that I simply cut out. Further down the road the shirt looked nothing like the beautiful tee, I'd purchased years before. So I gave it yet another transformation. Bingo! Like another shirt again. It hung even more lovely. Oh the ratty shirt that just keeps giving. Sure to most it looks like I'm wearing a cleaning rag, but I know better. Most people have that thing they just won't throw away and nobody seems to know why. Don't throw it away. Keep it until it's hanging by a thread. Here is how I wear mine.

Jacket: Forever 21, Shorts: Thrifted & altered, 80's Pumps: Thrifted. All paired with my ratty little AA tee.

Blouse: Thrifted, Leggings: American Apparel, Booties: Dolce Vita for Target. Again, paired with my little ragga muffin top.



No comments:

Post a Comment