Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Dark Days, Dark Outfits.

I have awful luck with my car, after a freeway blowout, my little black baby Aveo had a piece of her face (bumper) ripped off. Therefore in a Victorian fashion, I had to throw on some black lace and black jewelry to mourn the loss of 1/4 of my car's bumper. It's also not 1887, so I tossed in a silky blush blouse and a ratty Subhumans tank. Looking for an opportunity to feel better, I put on a towering pair of DIY spike booties I did a while back. I ordered the shoes and disliked them. Returning would be a huge hassle so I kept them, collecting dust on my shoe rack. After ordering some heavy duty cone spikes. I was in search of things to put holes in. Decided the shoes would be perfect to experiment on. I banged out some holes and screwed the spikes in. Holy Shit! I fell in love, a sad shoe story gone happy. The booties went from dust bunnies to the foot equivalent of death metal. Wish I could do the same for my car. Poke a few holes, hammer a few bits, and make her happy again. Sigh. Anyways, here is a reflection of my mood.

Blouse: Thrifted, Subhumans Top: Wasteland (then customized by me), Lace Maxi & Cross: Forever 21

DIY Spiked Booties: eBay, then customized by me, with cone spikes from studsandspikes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment