Friday, May 11, 2012

Taking your clothes apart. A Diy story.

Feeling the want for something new is not so great when your also feeling low on funds. A remedy? Craftiness and stuff you don't wear often. Perfect specimens for dissecting and re-working. I was feeling inspired by a jacket I had seen in an Urban Outfitters catalogue. Leather sleeves attached to a denim jacket. I went through my closet and found a vest that was cute but had long been hanging. Also had a forever 21 pleather bomber that I had been wanting to use for something. Without thinking twice I took the sleeves off and went to work. An added bonus was having the leftover sleeveless jacket, which I've decided that I will sew some sleeves on, from a military jacket I have. Presto! Another contrast sleeved jacket (will be a separate Diy post). I wanted to change the Urban inspired jacket up a bit, so I did a summer night friendly bare shouldered version. You could really go either way. So here is a bit on how to do your own. Enjoy :)


Vest: Thrifted and bleached at home, Sleeves: Former Forever 21 jacket





The Finished Jacket! Top (under jacket): Forever 21, Sheer Maxi Skirt: Urban Outfitters (clearance)


No comments:

Post a Comment